Beach Parking Passes
Beach Parking Passes are needed from the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend through the Monday of Columbus Day.
- Beach stickers for the 2018 season will be available for purchase by mail starting May 1, 2018.
- The cost is $35 per sticker. Stickers are non-transferable.
- The Beach Passes are for the calendar year in which they are purchased.
Mail-In Requests vs. Purchasing Passes at Town Hall
Mail in requests are highly recommended to reduce delay time for you at the Town Hall. Mail in requests will be accepted starting May 1st of each year. The benefit of mailing your request is that you will have your passes very early and avoid standing in line at the Town Hall.
Request needs to include all of the following.
- A copy of the car registration for the vehicle you are requesting the beach sticker for. The vehicle registration name and address must match the name and address where your tax bill is sent. For leased or company vehicle registrations that are not in the taxpayers name please see the additional information listed below that will be needed to complete the request.
- Please provide your tax bill account number.
- Enclose a check made out to Town of Wells for the purchase. Stickers are $35.00 per sticker.
- Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope for sticker(s) to be mailed to you.
- Please provide a valid contact number to reach you incase staff has questions regarding your request.
Please mail your request to:
Town of Wells
Beach Sticker Department
208 Sanford Road
Wells, ME 04090
Opening Town Hall on Saturday for Beach Sticker PurchasesOn Saturday, May 19, 2018 and Saturday, June 23, 2018 the General Office will be open 8 AM to noon to process Residents/Taxpayers Beach Stickers in person.
Passes will be issued for all who can prove their taxpayer status.
Proof of Residency
- Property taxpayer.
- Excise (vehicle) taxpayer.
- If more than one individual is owner of property "need proof via deed, etc showing all named owners".
Issuance of Passes
- Name and address on each vehicle must match the name and address where the tax bill is mailed.
- Must present the vehicle registration for each vehicle that a Beach Pass is wanted for. Stickers being applied for by mail must include a copy of each vehicle registration.
Leased or Company Owned Vehicles
For leases or company owned vehicles where registration is not in tax payer’s name, information must be provided along with the registration that connects the taxpayer to the vehicle, such as:
- Copy of Lease Agreement or bill with Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and property owner’s name if a lease.
- Insurance card with VIN and property owner’s name.
- Copy of Vehicle Maintenance Record (oil change, etc) with VIN and property owner’s name.
- Business card that includes property owner’s name and position if registration is in company name.
- Letter on company letterhead stating vehicle is for exclusive use of property owner for company owned / leased vehicles.
- We do not keep records from prior years, so this information must be provided even if you received a sticker last year.