Wages & Retirement
- Wages range from $21.61 to $27.11 per hour (2016 contract) based on experience.
- We offer Maine Public Employees Retirement System (MPERS) special plan - 25 years, no age at 50%
- We also offer ICMA 457 at a 6% match in the employee opts out of MPERS
- After 15 years of continuous service an additional $25 per week will be awarded.
- After 20 year of continuous service an additional $20 per week will be awarded.
- Time and a half of the regular hourly rates shall be paid for hours assigned and worked beyond 40 hours in a week.
- Employees may request compensatory time off on an hour for one and one half basis in lieu of overtime for hours assigned and worked beyond 40 hours in a week.
- There are 11 paid holidays all with one and one-half times the regular hourly rate plus a straight 8 hours to be placed in a holiday bank.
- Hours worked on Thanksgiving and Christmas shall be paid at 2 times the regular hourly rate plus a straight 8 hours to be placed in the holiday bank.
- 2 weeks per year for the first 8 years, then an additional week is added. A 4th week is added in year 15.
- Employees accumulate 1 day per month up to 120 days.
- An employee that goes a period of 4 months without using any sick leave shall be credited with 8 hours of compensatory time.
- In the event of a death in the immediate family of an employee, the employee shall be granted 3 days leave of absence with full pay to make necessary arrangements
- Employees shall be granted military leave of absence without loss of seniority to fulfill their military duties.
- We offer Professional Liability Insurance with 2 plans provided through the Maine Municipal Employees Heath Trust and 2 health insurance coverage options; the Comprehensive Plan and the Point of Service Plan.
- The Town of Wells agrees to pay tuition costs not otherwise funded for satisfactorily completed (grade of C or better) job related accredited courses subject to the following conditions:
- Reimbursement shall be at actually cost to rate per credit hour established by the University of Southern Maine
- Reimbursement shall be for a maximum of 6 credit hours per semesters
- The determination of job relatedness shall be at the sole discretion of the Town Manager.