Calendar of Events
- Dog licenses are due by January 1st of each year. You must bring a current rabies certificate and a neutering or spayed certificate. Fees are $6 for neutered or spayed dogs and $11 for male or female dogs. This may be done by mail if the rabies certificate and a neutering / spayed certificate is sent along with a self-addressed stamped envelope and a check made out to the Town of Wells, to the: Town Clerk
208 Sanford Road
Wells, Me 04090
- Persons over 70 may obtain a lifetime sportsman’s license for a fee of $8.
- There is a late charge applied to all unlicensed dog owners as of February 1st.
- Moose Hunting Lottery available online by visiting the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife from February through April 1st
- Lodging License renewals are due this month.
- Hearings by Selectmen on Lodging Licenses take place in February.
- Nomination papers are available 100 days before the deadline for filing candidate papers.
- Nomination papers must be filed with the clerk at least 60 days prior to each election.
- Order by Municipal Officers for Referendum Questions must be filed with the clerk 60 days prior to elections.
- Massage Establishment / Therapist License Renewal Applications are due this month.
- Hearings by Selectmen for Massage Establishments take place in April.
- Clam flats are closed this month to harvesting shellfish however they could be open in November, depending on water quality. Please check with Clerk’s Office for more information.
- Hearings by Selectmen on Commercial Recreation Applications also take place this month.
- Business License Renewals are due this month.
- Don’t forget to register to vote by this month.
- Absentee ballots are available 30 days prior to Election Day. Note: A voter may vote by Absentee Ballot for 30 days prior to Election Day. For more information, please call the Town Clerk’s office at 207-646-2882.
- Annual Town Meeting is the 2nd Tuesday of June which is set by the town charter.
- The Board of Selectmen and the Town Manager will make annual appointments of town officials this month.
- Deer permits become available online this month.
- ATV’S & Snowmobile stickers available now.
- Primary elections are held in even numbered years during the month of June.
- Tourist season is in full swing by the month of July.
- Don’t forget to pick up your yard sale permit this month.
- This is the time of year that many people check on their genealogy. We are glad to assist you.
- The town begins the annual budget process this month.
- Departments begin preparing budgets in September for the Town Manager
- Now is the time to register to vote for the November election.
- Absentee ballots must be available 30 days prior to Election Day. Note: A voter may vote by absentee ballot for 30 days prior to Election Day. For more information, please call the Town Clerk’s Office at 207-646-2882.
- General Election Day is the first Tuesday of the month.
- State and / or federal elections are held every even-numbered year.
- It’s time to renew dog licenses for the next calendar year. Owners must provide proof of rabies vaccination and certificate of neutering / spaying, if applicable.
- Clam Licenses go on sale the 4th Tuesday of this month. Note: Check with the Town Clerk’s Office for actual digging dates.
- Solid waste haulers permits expire this month.
- Hearings by the Board of Selectman for solid waste haulers take place this month.
- New sportsmen licenses are available in time for Christmas.
- Boat Registrations are available December 1st.