You may visit the Town Clerk's Office to apply for a marriage license 9:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Please call the Office for further information prior to your visit. Call 207-646-2882.
Request a Record
You may purchase a certified copy of a marriage that was filed in Wells either in person or through the mail.
To order a certified copy of this record through the mail please click here to print a request form or write us a letter including the following information:
1. Full name(s) on the record
2. Date of marriage
3. Photocopy of proof of identity
4. Your name, mailing address and telephone number
5. Number of copies ordering
6. Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
It is $15 for the first certified copy and $6 for each additional certified copy of the same record, ordered at the same time. Make checks payable to the Town of Wells. Please do not send cash in the mail.