Beach Parking Passes
Beach Parking Passes are needed from the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend through the Monday of Indigenous Peoples' Day. You can purchase online, in person or by mail starting Monday, May 2, 2022.
- Online , in person and by mail sticker requests will start being accepted the 1st Monday in May of each year.
- Beach stickers for 2022 will be available for purchase online, in person or by mail on Monday, May 2, 2022.
- Beach stickers are not transferable. The sticker must be affixed to the windshield in the lower corner on the driver’s side.
- The fee for a beach sticker is $40.00 (1 sticker = $40.00, 2 stickers = $80.00, 3 stickers = $120.00).
- Beach stickers for Timeshare Owners are only available for purchase in office or by mail. Sticker is only valid for week being occupied by Timeshare Owner.
- Veteran/Current Armed Forces Service Member beach sticker. The fee for a Veteran/Current Armed Forces Service Member beach sticker is $20.00. l. Vehicle must be registered to the Veteran or Current Armed Forces Service Member or their spouse. Proof of being a Veteran or Current Armed Forces Service Member is required (ie DD 214 or Active Service Member ID).
Resident/Taxpayer Online Instructions :
1. Before starting the process make sure you have the following information:
a. ID Number - From your tax bill this is the parcel number. Enter exactly as shown on the bill.
b. Last name from tax bill.
i. If you are a new owner and haven’t received a tax bill in your name please contact the Assessor’s Office at (207) 646-6081. Within 24 hours of the Assessor’s Office verifying that you are eligible for a beach sticker your online account will become active.
ii. If you are not a new owner or did not purchase a sticker last year and are experiencing difficulty accessing your account after you have correctly entered your ID Number and Last Name please contact the the Assessor's Office at (207) 646-6081. Within 24 hours of the Assessor's Office verifying that you are eligible for a beach sticker your online account will become active.
c. Vehicle Registration you are requesting the sticker for. Beach stickers are not transferable. Sticker must be affixed to the windshield in the lower corner on the driver’s side.
d. Registered Owner Information and Relationship to Driver.
e. Credit Card for payment ($40.00 per sticker).
2. You will need to create an account in order to request your beach sticker.
3. Use the link below to access the online system.
There are no refunds for beach stickers. Make sure to enter all information accurately.
Resident/Taxpayer or Veteran/Current Armed Service Member By Mail Instructions (All information is necessary to fulfill request):
1. Provide ID Number - From your tax bill this is the parcel number. Provide exactly as shown on bill.
i. If you are a new owner and haven’t received a tax bill in your name please contact the Assessor’s Office at (207) 646-6081. They will provide you with the necessary evidence needed to prove you are eligible for a beach sticker for the current season.
2. Mail a copy of the car registration for the vehicle that you wish to get a beach sticker for. Beach stickers are not transferable. Sticker must be affixed to the windshield in the lower corner on the driver’s side.
3. Provide current phone number.
4. Provide email address.
5. Indicate type of sticker being requested. Taxpayer Seasonal Beach Sticker or Veteran/Current Armed Forces Service Member.
6. Enclose a check payable to: "Town of Wells" for total of stickers being purchased. Each Seasonal Tax Payer sticker is $40.00. Each Veteran/Current Armed Forces Service Member Sticker is $20.00.
7. Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope for return of sticker(s).
8. Mail request to:
Town of Wells
Attn: Beach Sticker
208 Sanford Road
Wells, ME 04090
9. You can download the 2022 Town of Wells Beach Sticker By Mail Request Form to ensure you provide all necessary information.
There are no refunds for beach stickers. Make sure to provide accurate information.
Passes will be issued for all those who can prove their taxpayer status.
Proof of Residency
- Property taxpayer.
- Excise (vehicle) taxpayer.
- If more than one individual is owner of property additional proof such as a deed, etc showing all named owners.
Time Share Owner passes are for weeks of "Timeshare" only, not the entire season. The price is the same as everyone else pays, currently the price is $40 per week per sticker.
Issuance of Passes
- Beach sticker must be for a vehicle owned or assigned to the Taxpayer.