COVID-19 Meeting Procedures for Planning Board
• The Town Hall is limited to allowing only one representative per project/application into the building at a time.
• EVERYONE must wear a mask while in the building.
• When sitting in the Meeting Room, everyone must maintain spaced seating/standing.
• Applicants must disinfect their seat and area prior to leaving the Meeting Room with the disinfecting wipes provided.
• Meetings will be streamed live to our Town Website and on Facebook
Public Hearing Procedures:
• Public Hearings will be conducted inside the Town Hall
• The hearing will be held at the beginning of the meeting
• A tent is erected in the parking lot for anyone waiting to enter Town Hall, but accommodates a limited number of people, umbrellas should be considered if the weather predicts rain
• The applicant(s) will present the project, a tripod will be available for displays
• The public can make comments
• The Board/Town Staff or applicant may respond to comments
- 7 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Monday of each month (typically, but can differ due to Holidays). Please review the Calendar (PDF) to confirm scheduled dates
- Littlefield Meeting Room, 2nd Floor at Town Hall, 208 Sanford Road
Agendas & Minutes
- Charles Millian, Chairman - Term expires December 31, 2023
- Brian Toomey, Vice Chairman - Term expires December 31, 2021
- Richard DeBold, Secretary - Term expires December 31, 2021
- Charles Anderson, Member - Term expires December 31, 2022
- Richard Seiden, Member - Term expires December 31, 2021
- Dennis Hardy, Alternate - Term expires December 31, 2023
The Planning Board is responsible for reviewing all subdivision applications and larger development proposals requiring site plan review. See the Land Use Ordinance (Chapter 145 of Town Code) and Subdivision Ordinance (Chapter 202 of the Town Code) for more information on requirements and processes. Visit the Planning & Development Office’s page for information and application forms.
The Planning Board also participates in overall planning for the town and is involved in all proposed changes to the Land Use and Subdivision Ordinances.
Contacting the Planning Board
- Email the Planning Office
- Fax them to the Planning Office at 207-646-7046
- Hand deliver them to the Planning Office
- Mail them to:
208 Sanford Road
Wells, ME 04090
- Please Note: Comments provided become part of the public record. This means your comments will be forwarded to the applicant/owner of the subject project, will be uploaded to the town website, will be added to the project file, and will be distributed to Planning Board members, appropriate department heads and third party engineers. Please redact or omit personal information you do not wish to be entered into the public record.